My Blog List

  • Finals Part: 1 - When I was in the 7th grade, I experienced true terror. Near my neighborhood, there was a firearm incident. I'd hear the gunshots as I was sitting at home ...

Monday, March 16, 2015

What is an American?

What is an American?
Many people have their opinions on what an American is.  Some may think Americans are sloppy, loud, and money hungry people, while others might  think of them as strong, fearless, and lion-hearted people.  However, in my eyes an American is someone who is independent and not held down or oppressed.  An American is someone who if the time comes will stand up and put their life on the line for their country.  But not for their family , and the people they love, but for the pride and honor of their country.  Through the years, Americans have gone through a lot, from 9/11 attacks to the Sandy Hook shooting.  
 In a time of great depression and distress, American have always found a way to come together as one with a common goal.  As a nation we have always found a way to prevail.  We stand proud for our red, white, and blue.  Our American national anthem highlights our fighting spirits and will to move forward. More over an American is an individual who believes in charity, and extends a helping hand, without a second guess.


 Years ago, when a tsunami hit Japan and the Japanese were left with nothing, we as Americans came together to aid the wounded and assisted those starving and hungry.  We came to the rescue without a second guess, because we know that if we were in the same predicament as them others would come to our aid.  It would be inhuman to not help our fallen brothers in their time of need.  Being an American is a privilege and an honor to me.  It makes me feel as if I'm lucky to be one.  Many people out there want to be an American citizen.  Some go to great lengths to have that title.  People without American citizenship have to take tests and etc just to be an American.  This process takes years just to complete and yet those people will wait years still.


    I don't know about you but being an American tome is like being a celebrity.  We are mention in all of histories records as heroes, leaders, and etc.  Most of histories greats were Americans no matter the color, race, ethnicity, and religion.  But don't think I'm not going appreciation or credit to those greats who weren't Americans because that's not what I'm aiming for here.  I just want people to see and understand my view on what an American is.


   An American to me is someone who understands the privileges they have for being one.  In addition an American to me is someone who no matter the circumstance will find a way to prevail through and situation.  If that situation becomes bigger then yourself there is always someone by your side to lend a helpful hand.  An American is everything our country itself stands for.  That is what an American is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment