My Blog List

  • Finals Part: 1 - When I was in the 7th grade, I experienced true terror. Near my neighborhood, there was a firearm incident. I'd hear the gunshots as I was sitting at home ...

Monday, March 16, 2015

Descriptive Essay

Descriptive Essay

     My vacation was a very dull and timid one.  Most of the days consisted of me sleeping in late and going to bed late.  One thing I can say about my vacation that was enjoyable was when I got my ears pierced.  I’ve wanted to get them pierce for some time now but I never got around to it or had the courage to do it. On my first week of vacation my sister and her friend accompanied me to the Jeweler so I could get them done.  I’m not going to lie I was a little nervous.  I thought it was going to hurt a lot and plus I hated being poke with anything.
      
  When the woman began cleaning my earlobes i began to sweat and began fidgeting.  I was scared.  The woman then placed a dot on each one of my earlobes as indicator of where to pierce the hole at.  I was afraid she would pierce them unevenly and it would come out looking weird.  When the gun was placed on the first ear my heart dropped I thought I was going to yell loud or start screaming. I braced myself for a pain but all I felt was a little pinch on my ear as if a baby was playing with my ear.  When the woman did the next ear it was just as easy no pain no screams.  I realized I had been scared for nothing.
    
   After the earrings were in the woman told me to keep them in for three weeks and then I would be able to take them out and put them in whenever I wanted without fear of the hole closing. After  the earring event nothing worth writing happened.  Occasionally I would visit my friend at his house and we would play video games or play pick up football games on the street.  Throughout the vacation though the weather was really hot.  The sun was like lava everyday and I swear I dripped about half an ocean of sweat a day.  I had a math vacation packet due for extra credit so when I was at home I would work on it but doing it bored me sometimes and I would dismiss it until the next day. 
    
   I can’t blame my dull vacation on lack of activity opportunities or companionship because that was not the case.  I was invited to plenty parties, events, and other things with my friends but for some reason I turned them all down.  I did this because I didn’t feel like going through the process of getting out my bed getting dress and leaving.  I was to comfortable but yet bored at the same time. But I have only myself to blame for the dreadfull weeks which were my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment